PeaceNexus provides tailored advice and expertise to influential peacebuilding-relevant organisations. Our advisory service is demand-driven within certain parameters; we consider requests from International Organisations with a global or regional reach, and, in the case of country-specific work, we consider requests from organisations based in our focus regions: the Balkans, Central Asia, South East Asia and West Africa/the Sahel.
Long-term and sustainable peace requires that governance structures have the capacity to play a positive role in societal transformation, working towards greater inclusion, security, and justice for all. PeaceNexus therefore supports governments and multilateral organisations committed to peaceful transformation by providing resources to address critical policy or expertise gaps. PeaceNexus works with partner organisations to identify and enhance understanding of the nature and scope of the needs while adapting that support to ensure its relevance and efficiency.
Every request received by PeaceNexus is individually examined and assessed. The decision to support an intervention is taken by our Governing Board and is based on considerations of feasibility and potential impact. Successful proposals need to demonstrate:
- A peacebuilding need and/or an organisational challenge relevant for peacebuilding that can be addressed by PeaceNexus;
- A critical gap that PeaceNexus can fill at this time;
- Adequate organisational commitment to sustain the activities;
- The willingness to collaborate with other relevant actors; and
- High potential for a multiplier effect triggered by PeaceNexus’ intervention.
To implement projects, we draw on a network of experts that will work on the project together with the recipient organisation and PeaceNexus staff. If requested, our advisory services can be provided in confidence.
Contacts: Peter Cross