New PeaceNexus 2018 Partner Survey
At PeaceNexus, we always strive to improve our services from learning and feedback. For these reasons, we commissioned a survey of our 37 current partners in April 2018, which was implemented by Sarah Oswald, a consultant working with “Health Poverty Action”. To enable partners to respond freely and genuinely, all answers were fully anonymized and used in an aggregated way.
We commissioned the survey to find out:
- How partners perceive their relationship with PeaceNexus?
- How partners perceive the methodology and approach used by PeaceNexus?
- How partnerships with PeaceNexus change partners’ organisational (i) knowledge, (ii) attitudes and beliefs, and (iii) practices (including structures, systems, strategy, methodology, staff behaviour etc.)?
- If changes in organisational practices have been felt, what positive impact have they had on partners’ peace-building work, if any?
- How PeaceNexus could increase the effectiveness of the services it provides.
While results point to the effectiveness of PeaceNexus’ services and demonstrate high levels of appreciation for our approach, it also highlighted areas for improvement. PeaceNexus will follow up on all recommendations drawn from the analysis of survey results (p. 3 of the report), and, as a priority in the next few months, will develop concrete actions to:
- Create a more explicit shared notion of what success would look like and how to track progress and changes;
- Improve the relationships between a partner, its consultant(s) and PeaceNexus through communications and learning initiatives;
- Foster more opportunities for exchange and peer learning among our partners.
We are aware of the limitations and in-built biases of an online survey, and it is only one of several instruments we use to monitor results and receive feedback. However, it has provided us with invaluable insights on how we are doing and can improve and we are deeply grateful to our partners and the consultant for this. We will repeat the survey next year, so that we can monitor our performance over time.
Please find the survey results Here.