How can investors and companies contribute to the goal of building peace?
On Wednesday, 7th of November, PeaceNexus officially launched the Peace Investment Fund in the framework of the Geneva Peace Week at la Maison de la Paix. The event attracted a wide public including individuals working in business, finances, academia and peacebuilding. While exploring the question on how to leverage trends in sustainable investment to better align them with the SDGs, and SDG 16 in particular, PeaceNexus presented the Cadmos Peace Investment Fund as a Geneva-based investment initiative, which links the worlds of finance with peacebuilding. Further, sustainable investment experts and company representatives shared their practical insights on how to mobilise investors and the corporate sector to contribute to SDG 16. The event was opened by the Executive Director of the Kofi Annan Foundation, Alan Doss and was moderated by Achim Wennmann, Senior Researcher, Centre on Conflict, Development & Peacebuilding at the Graduate Institute, Geneva and Executive Coordinator of the Geneva Peacebuilding Platform.
- Jean-Yves Art, Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships, Microsoft
- Catriona Gourlay, Executive Director, PeaceNexus Foundation
- Melchior de Muralt, Managing Partner, Cadmos Peace Investment Fund, De Pury Pictet Turrettini &Co Ltd
- Nicholas Niggli, Director General, Economic Development, Research & Innovation, Republic and State of Geneva
- Susana Reber, Sustainability Innovation Manager, Nestlé Nespresso S.A.
Please find :