New Vacancy: posted 25/04/2017
Myanmar Country Programme Manager
PeaceNexus Foundation seeks a country programme manager to head its programme in Myanmar.
PeaceNexus is a Swiss-based operational Foundation. It provides a range of capacity building services to strengthen the effectiveness of peace-relevant actors. PeaceNexus has been working in Myanmar since 2012 supporting the peace process and assisting with conflict-sensitive local development initiatives.
The country programme manager will provide strategic guidance and overall management and direction to the Myanmar programme. They will be responsible for expanding PeaceNexus’ partnerships in line with the objective of promoting conflict-sensitive development in conflict-affected regions. They will also be responsible for developing local capacity to provide services in our core competence areas of conflict sensitivity, multi-actor process facilitation and organisational development.
We are looking for individuals that have a passion for the peaceful development of Myanmar and for supporting collective action to transform conflict drivers and build trust.
- Represent PeaceNexus Foundation at country level, building strong relationships with the government , EAOs, international development actors and the business community
- Provide the overall strategic direction of PeaceNexus´ programme and identify opportunities for new partnerships in line with outcome objectives
- Develop and implement annual work plans in collaboration with thematic teams at headquarters
- Manage the local team of advisors and consultants and oversee implementation of project deliverables
- Support partners with technical guidance and facilitate coordination between partners
- In cooperation with headquarters in Switzerland, develop systems that support planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation and financial management of the country programme
- University degree relevant to international development or business administration
- Minimum five years of experience working in peacebuilding-relevant programmes in Myanmar or the region
- Minimum 10 years of project management experience or supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development of strategic work plans
- Strong communication and facilitation skills and demonstrated experience in managing collaborative initiatives
- Familiarity with conflict analysis and conflict sensitive organisational practice
- Willingness to live in Myanmar and travel throughout the country
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Strong written and verbal proficiency in English essential
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Please send a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 19 May 2017 with the name of the position in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and potential candidates are invited for an interview at the PeaceNexus Foundation during the last week of May.
see pdf version of the vacancy
One of PeaceNexus’ partners is looking for a Russian-speaking OD consultant. The deadline for application is May 8, 2017, as for all of the Organisational Development processes supported by PeaceNexus, the selection process is entirely managed by the partner organisation.