Programme Officer on Organizational DevelopmentStarting date: January 2019
Application deadline: 9 November 2018
Location: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Language requirements: English and Russian
THE PEACENEXUS FOUNDATION
PeaceNexus www.peacenexus.org is an operational foundation based in Switzerland. It provides a range of capacity building services with the objective of strengthening the effectiveness of organisations that play a role in building peace. Its service areas include: organisational development for peacebuilding champions; developing organisational capacities for conflict sensitivity; and supporting inclusive dialogue with business to develop solutions to local peacebuilding challenges. PeaceNexus provides support to international partners as well as local partners in its focus regions of West Africa, Central Asia, Western Balkans and South East Asia (Myanmar).
PeaceNexus has been working in Kyrgyzstan since 2013, supporting the UN and civil society organisations to be more effective peacebuilding actors. In 2017 we extended our support to government agencies and private sector actors to strengthen their capacity to address conflict risks.
Programme Officer (PO)
PeaceNexus is recruiting a Programme Officer for our Organizational Development (OD) work stream in Central Asia. The Programme Officer will be responsible for helping to shape and deliver PeaceNexus’ strategic objectives relating to OD in the region, in collaboration with PeaceNexus staff in headquarters.
PeaceNexus is looking for an individual with an in-depth understanding of the region and who is passionate about contributing to improved peacebuilding effectiveness in partner organisations. The Programme Officer will lead PeaceNexus’ engagement with selected civil society and government partners in Central Asia and will oversee consultants hired to deliver support to them. The PO is expected to work from the PeaceNexus Bishkek office.
Finance and Administration Manager (80-100%)Starting date: From 3 January 2019 Application deadline: 5 November 2018 (noon CET) Location: Prangins (VD), Switzerland Language requirements: English and French required, German desirable Duration of contract: Undetermined
THE PEACENEXUS FOUNDATION
PeaceNexus www.peacenexus.org is an operational foundation based in Switzerland. It provides a range of capacity building services with the objective of strengthening the effectiveness of organisations that play a role in building peace. Its service areas include: organisational development for peacebuilding champions; developing organisational capacities for conflict sensitivity; and supporting inclusive dialogue with business to develop solutions to local peacebuilding challenges. PeaceNexus provides support to international partners as well as local partners in its focus regions of West Africa, Central Asia, Western Balkans and South East Asia (Myanmar). PeaceNexus’ annual operational budget is approximately 4 Million CHF.
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
PeaceNexus has a vacancy for a Finance and Administration Manager position (80% to 100%). She/he will support the PeaceNexus team consisting of 12 employees in Prangins and up to 10 team members based in our focus regions, as well as international consultants (approximately 100 per year) in all aspects of administration, including office administration, human resource management, finances and logistics related to PeaceNexus events. To excel in this role, the successful candidate must be well-organised, able to manage multiple tasks, have strong finance and administration skills (including knowledge of software tools) and be a very good communicator in English and French. German and/or Russian language skills would be an additional advantage.
The Finance and Administration Manager will work under the direction of the Executive Director and will be a member of the PeaceNexus Management Team. S/he will also be responsible for supervising a part-time Finance and Administration Assistant (an accountant) and a part-time Maintenance Officer.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Administration: manages the office, coordinates and contracts service providers (IT, security, maintenance, etc.), handles general requests addressed to the foundation (telephone and email), coordinates meeting logistics (board, business meetings, retreats), facility management (supervision of a Maintenance Officer).
- Human resources: develops and manages processes and administration relating to human resources, including employees and consultants. This includes ensuring compliance with HR policies, managing recruitment and contracting, handling of payroll and interacting with relevant Swiss authorities and legal entities.
- Finances: develops financial systems and oversees the financial reporting to the PeaceNexus Governing Board, oversees the end-of-year audit in close cooperation with the Finance and Administration Assistant, interacts with banks and portfolio managers.
- Board: coordinates logistics for board meetings, acts as the administrative liaison person for board members. Provides logistical support, in collaboration with the Finance and Administration Assistant to other PeaceNexus events.
- Assistance to the funder: acts as private secretary to the funder, upon request (up to 10% of time).
Qualifications and requirements:
HR diploma, brevet or degree or financial qualification
minimum eight years’ relevant experience in a finance/administration, preferably in a not-for-profit organization
working experience in an international and multicultural environment
good understanding of IT systems
excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French. German and Russian skills would be an advantage
- A team player willing to work in a multifaceted position
- Interested in working in the area of peacebuilding
- At ease in multiple languages
- Ready to work under pressure and respect deadlines
- Ideally available to start by 3 January 2019
Eligibility: Applicants must have a Swiss work permit or be eligible for one (i.e. EU nationals).
Salary: Competitive salary by Swiss NGO and Foundation standards, commensurate with experience.
Application procedures: Please submit your Letter of motivation and CV, by 5 November 2018 (noon CET), to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Application Finance & Admin Manager: First Name Last Name (of applicant)
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed during the week of 19th of November 2018.
Please see pdf version here.
Finance Manager for Youth Organization (m/f)
One of our partners, the Regional Youth Cooperation Office (RYCO) is looking for a Finance Manager (m/f). Please find the full posting and TOR’s on the following page: https://www.rycowb.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/CIM-expert-eng-003.pdf