NEW VACANCY: POSTED 26-05-2017
PROGRAMME MANAGER BUSINESS AND PEACE
Starting date: from August 2017
Application deadline: 15 June 2017 (12:00 noon CEST)
Location: Prangins (VD), Switzerland
Language requirements: English and at least one additional language
Duration of contract: Undetermined
THE PEACENEXUS FOUNDATION
PeaceNexus (www.peacenexus.org) is an operational foundation based in Switzerland. Its core mission is to provide peacebuilding actors – multilateral organisations, governments, non-profit organisations and businesses – with expertise and advice to maximise their peacebuilding potential. We provide organisational development services, advisory services to strengthen conflict sensitivity capacities and support for multi-actor processes to address peacebuilding issues related to economic development. We provide support to international partners as well as local partners in our focus regions of West Africa, Central Asia, Western Balkans and South East Asia (Myanmar).
Business and Peace Programme Manager
The programme manager will be responsible for developing and implementing projects to improve the private sector’s contribution to peacebuilding in line with two objectives: The first is to strengthen multi-actor processes that address problems related to business operations in fragile contexts.The second is to strengthen capacities for conflict sensitive business performance. Furthermore, upon request they will support the Governing Board in implementing PeaceNexus’ mission-aligned investment strategy.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
1. Developing project portfolio in support of multi-actor problem-solving processes
The programme manager will be responsible for developing PeaceNexus’ service offer and engagement strategy with a view to developing new projects that promote constructive company-community-governmental engagement. For projects within our focus regions, this will require close collaboration with our regional programme manager, regional advisors and country teams.
2. Engaging with companies to improve conflict sensitive operations
The programme manager will be responsible for outreach and engagement with private sector actors to develop PeaceNexus’ partnerships for conflict sensitive practice. Where requested by the Governing Board, engagement with companies could also be in service of PeaceNexus’ mission-aligned investment strategy.
CORE COMPETENCES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of conflict analysis and conflict sensitive operations
- An understanding of and work experience with context analysis, risk mitigation and community engagement and monitoring systems used by private sector and/or governmental organisations
- Experience in the design and facilitation of multi-stakeholder dialogue processes
- Work experience in process design, facilitation-skills building and convening multi-stakeholder dialogue between communities, government and business. Knowledge of alternative dispute resolution practices and mechanisms to address community grievances would be an asset.
- Business knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of the multinational operations, including those of the extractive sector, and familiarity with operational challenges related to working in complex environments. Ideally, five years work experience in a fragile country.
- Knowledge and experience relevant for to mission-aligned investment
- An understanding of common investment instruments and mission aligned investment practices commonly used by foundations.
- Project management
- A strong track record in project management, ideally also in relation to corporate social responsibility, risk management and mitigation, and/or multi-stakeholder projects.
- Strong inter-personal and written and spoken communication skills in English. Knowledge of French, Russian, or Burmese would be an asset.
Eligibility: Applicants must have a Swiss work permit or be eligible for one (i.e. EU nationals).
Salary: Competitive salary by Swiss NGO and Foundation standards, commensurate with experience.
Application procedures: Please submit your Letter of motivation and CV (by 15 June 2017 (by noon CEST) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Application BP First Name Last Name
Long-listed candidates will be asked to complete a written task. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in the first week of July.
See pdf version of vacancy